Hexspeak dibuat dan diambil dari
heksadesimal dimana meliputi angka 0123456789ABCDEF, dimana “0“mewakil huruf O, “1” mewakili” huruf L atau saya (I am), “5” mewakili S, dan “6” atau “9” mewakili G atau g.
Banyak prosesor komputer, sistem operasi, dan debugger menggunakan magic number/angka ajaib, terutama sebagai magic debug value. Berikut contohnya :
* 0x8BADF00D ("ate bad food") is used by Apple in iOS crash reports, when an application takes too long to launch, terminate, or respond to system events.
* 0xABADBABE ("a bad babe") is used by Apple as the "Boot Zero Block" magic number.
* 0x1BADB002 ("I bad boot") Multiboot header magic number.
* 0xBAADF00D ("bad food") is used by Microsoft’s LocalAlloc(LMEM_FIXED) to indicate uninitialised allocated heap memory when the debug heap is used.
* 0xBADCAB1E ("bad cable") Error Code returned to the Microsoft eVC debugger when connection is severed to the debugger.
* 0xBADDCAFE ("bad cafe") is used by ‘watchmalloc’ in OpenSolaris to mark allocated but uninitialized memory.
* 0xBEADFACE ("bead face, or face bead") Is the pattern that fills all unused memory locations in the Motorola 68HCS12DP256 micro-controller simulator, SimHC12.
* 0xCAFEBABE ("cafe babe") is used by Mach-O to identify Universal object files, and by the Java programming language to identify Java bytecode class files.
* 0xCAFED00D ("Cafe Dude") is used by Java as a magic number for their pack200 compression.
* 0xD15EA5E ("disease") is a flag that indicates regular boot on the Nintendo GameCube and Wii consoles.
* 0xDEADBABE ("Dead Babe") is used by IBM Jikes RVM as a sanity check of the stack of the primary thread 
* 0xDEADBEEF ("dead beef") is used by IBM RS/6000 systems, Mac OS on 32-bit PowerPC processors and the Commodore Amiga as a magic debug value. On Sun Microsystems’ Solaris, it marks freed kernel memory. On OpenVMS running on Alpha processors, DEAD_BEEF can be seen by pressing CTRL-T. The DEC Alpha SRM console has a background process that traps memory errors, identified by PS as "BeefEater waiting on 0xdeadbeef".
* 0xDEADDEAD ("dead dead") is the bug check (STOP) code displayed when invoking a Blue Screen of Death either by telling the kernel via the attached debugger, or by using a special keystroke combination. This is usually seen by driver developers, as it is used to get a memory dump on Windows NT based systems. An alternative to 0xDEADDEAD is the bug check code 0x000000E2, as they are both called MANUALLY_INITIATED_CRASH as seen on the Microsoft Developer Network.
* 0xDEADFA11 ("dead fall") is used by Apple in iOS crash reports, when user force quit the application.
* 0xDEFEC8ED ("defecated") is the magic number for OpenSolaris core dumps.
* 0xFACEFEED ("face feed") is used by Alpha servers running Windows NT. The Alpha Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) generates this error when it encounters a hardware failure.
* 0xFEE1DEAD ("feel dead") is used as a magic number in the Linux reboot system call.
* 0xFEEDFACE ("feed face") is used as a header for Mach-O binaries, and as an invalid pointer value for ‘watchmalloc’ in OpenSolaris.
* 0xC0FFEE ("coffee") is used in 24-bit byte DSP like Motorola 56303.