* compmgmt.msc – Computer management
* devmgmt.msc – Device manager
* diskmgmt.msc – Disk management
* dfrg.msc – Disk defrag
* eventvwr.msc – Event viewer
* fsmgmt.msc – Shared folders
* gpedit.msc – Group policies
* lusrmgr.msc – Local users and groups
* perfmon.msc – Performance monitor
* rsop.msc – Resultant set of policies
* secpol.msc – Local security settings
* services.msc – Various Services
* msconfig – System Configuration Utility
* regedit – Registry Editor
* msinfo32 _ System Information
* sysedit _ System Edit
* win.ini _ windows loading information(also
* winver _ Shows current version of windows
* mailto: _ Opens default email client
* command _ Opens command prompt
Run Commands to access the control panel:
* appwiz.cpl -Add/Remove Programs control
* timedate.cpl -Date/Time Properties control
* desk.cpl -Display Properties control
* findfast.cpl -FindFast control
* inetcpl.cpl -Internet Properties control
* main.cpl keyboard -Keyboard Properties control
* main.cpl -Mouse Properties control
* mmsys.cpl -Multimedia Properties control
* netcpl.cpl -Network Properties control
* password.cpl -Password Properties control
* mmsys.cpl sounds -Sound Properties control
* sysdm.cpl -System Properties control
* ANSI.SYS Defines functions that change display
graphics, control cursor movement, and reassign
* APPEND Causes MS-DOS to look in other
directories when editing a file or running a
* ARP Displays, adds, and removes arp information
from network devices.
* ASSIGN Assign a drive letter to an alternate
* ASSOC View the file associations.
* AT Schedule a time to execute commands or
* ATMADM Lists connections and addresses seen by
Windows ATM call manager.
* ATTRIB Display and change file attributes.
* BATCH Recovery console command that executes a
series of commands in a file.
* BOOTCFG Recovery console command that allows a
user to view, modify, and rebuild the boot.ini
* BREAK Enable / disable CTRL + C feature.
* CACLS View and modify file ACL’s.
* CALL Calls a batch file from another batch file.
* CD Changes directories.
* CHCP Supplement the International keyboard and
character set information.
* CHDIR Changes directories.
* CHKDSK Check the hard disk drive running FAT for
* CHKNTFS Check the hard disk drive running NTFS
* CHOICE Specify a listing of multiple options
within a batch file.
* CLS Clears the screen.
* CMD Opens the command interpreter.
* COLOR Easily change the foreground and
background color of the MS-DOS window.
* COMP Compares files.
* COMPACT Compresses and uncompress files.
* CONTROL Open control panel icons from the MS-DOS
* CONVERT Convert FAT to NTFS.
* COPY Copy one or more files to an alternate
* CTTY Change the computers input/output devices.
* DATE View or change the systems date.
* DEBUG Debug utility to create assembly programs
to modify hardware settings.
* DEFRAG Re-arrange the hard disk drive to help
with loading programs.
* DEL Deletes one or more files.
* DELETE Recovery console command that deletes a
* DELTREE Deletes one or more files and/or
* DIR List the contents of one or more directory.
* DISABLE Recovery console command that disables
Windows system services or drivers.
* DISKCOMP Compare a disk with another disk.
* DISKCOPY Copy the contents of one disk and place
them on another disk.
* DOSKEY Command to view and execute commands that
have been run in the past.
* DOSSHELL A GUI to help with early MS-DOS users.
* DRIVPARM Enables overwrite of original device
* ECHO Displays messages and enables and disables
* EDIT View and edit files.
* EDLIN View and edit files.
* EMM386 Load extended Memory Manager.
* ENABLE Recovery console command to enable a
disable service or driver.
* ENDLOCAL Stops the localization of the
environment changes enabled by the setlocal
* ERASE Erase files from computer.
* EXIT Exit from the command interpreter.
* EXPAND Expand a Microsoft Windows file back to
it’s original format.
* EXTRACT Extract files from the Microsoft Windows
* FASTHELP Displays a listing of MS-DOS commands
RE: Windows XP Command list (CMD) lengkap bget
information about them.
* FC Compare files.
* FDISK Utility used to create partitions on the
hard disk drive.
* FIND Search for text within a file.
* FINDSTR Searches for a string of text within a
* FIXBOOT Writes a new boot sector.
* FIXMBR Writes a new boot record to a disk drive.
* FOR Boolean used in batch files.
* FORMAT Command to erase and prepare a disk
* FTP Command to connect and operate on a FTP
* FTYPE Displays or modifies file types used in
file extension associations.
* GOTO Moves a batch file to a specific label or
* GRAFTABL Show extended characters in graphics
* HELP Display a listing of commands and brief
* IF Allows for batch files to perform conditional
* IFSHLP.SYS 32-bit file manager.
* IPCONFIG Network command to view network adapter
settings and assigned values.
* KEYB Change layout of keyboard.
* LABEL Change the label of a disk drive.
* LH Load a device driver in to high memory.
* LISTSVC Recovery console command that displays
the services & driver
(Edited: 2 Aug 2009 20:21 by castro6281.)
* LOADFIX Load a program above the first 64k.
* LOADHIGH Load a device driver in to high memory.
* LOCK Lock the hard disk drive.
* LOGON Recovery console command to list
installations and enable administrator login.
* MAP Displays the device name of a drive.
* MD Command to create a new directory.
* MEM Display memory on system.
* MKDIR Command to create a new directory.
* MODE Modify the port or display settings.
* MORE Display one page at a time.
* MOVE Move one or more files from one directory
to another directory.
* MSAV Early Microsoft Virus scanner.
* MSD Diagnostics utility.
* MSCDEX Utility used to load and provide access
to the CD-ROM.
* NBTSTAT Displays protocol statistics and current
TCP/IP connections using NBT
* NET Update, fix, or view the network or network
* NETSH Configure dynamic and static network
information from MS-DOS.
* NETSTAT Display the TCP/IP network protocol
statistics and information.
* NLSFUNC Load country specific information.
* NSLOOKUP Look up an IP address of a domain or
host on a network.
* PATH View and modify the computers path
* PATHPING View and locate locations of network
* PAUSE Command used in batch files to stop the
processing of a command.
* PING Test / send information to another network
computer or network device.
* POPD Changes to the directory or network path
stored by the pushd command.
* POWER Conserve power with computer portables.
* PRINT Prints data to a printer port.
* PROMPT View and change the MS-DOS prompt.
* PUSHD Stores a directory or network path in
memory so it can be returned to at any time.
* QBASIC Open the QBasic.
* RD Removes an empty directory.
* REN Renames a file or directory.
* RENAME Renames a file or directory.
* RMDIR Removes an empty directory.
* ROUTE View and configure windows network route
* RUNAS Enables a user to execute a program on
* SCANDISK Run the scandisk utility.
* SCANREG Scan registry and recover registry from
* SET Change one variable or string to another.
* SETLOCAL Enables local environments to be
changed without affecting anything else.
* SETVER Change MS-DOS version to trick older
* SHARE Installs support for file sharing and
* SHIFT Changes the position of replaceable
parameters in a batch program.
* SHUTDOWN Shutdown the computer from the MS-DOS
* SMARTDRV Create a disk cache in conventional
memory or extended memory.
* SORT Sorts the input and displays the output to
* START Start a separate window in Windows from
the MS-DOS prompt.
* SUBST Substitute a folder on your computer for
* SWITCHES Remove add functions from MS-DOS.
* SYS Transfer system files to disk drive.
* TELNET Telnet to another computer / device from
* TIME View or modify the system time.
* TITLE Change the title of their MS-DOS window.
* TRACERT Visually view a network packets route
across a network.
* TREE View a visual tree of the hard disk drive.
* TYPE Display the contents of a file.
* UNDELETE Undelete a file that has been deleted.
* UNFORMAT Unformat a hard disk drive.
* UNLOCK Unlock a disk drive.
* VER Display the version information.
* VERIFY Enables or disables the feature to
determine if files have been written properly.
* VOL Displays the volume information about the
* XCOPY Copy multiple files, directories, and/or
drives from one location to another.
* TRUENAME When placed before a file, will display
the whole directory in which it exists
* TASKKILL It allows you to kill those unneeded or
locked up applications